Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Spanish Lesson Planning Taking a Different Route

I'm always on the look out for new articles pertaining to spanish lesson plans but I found something I had to share.

SPRING HILL - Notre Dame Catholic School Spanish teacher Alicia Grigsby spent the past school year sharing a classroom with a math teacher or pushing a cart to other rooms as a mobile teacher. As the math program expanded, she was left with even less classroom space.

The school looked for a solution and found it in a portable building used for storage on the school grounds. It wasn't ready to serve as a classroom, however. It needed a lot of work.

"We completely refurbished the portable," said Notre Dame business manager Ed Carpio.

By PAULETTE LASH RITCHIE, Times Correspondent
Published August 23, 2007


The full article is here, but before you go, please read on.

I give this Spanish Teacher a huge round of applause for taking the matters to the next level and not simply bailing to a better school to teach Spanish.

I had also shown you this article to show some of you a point. Just because of the situation your in is unfavorable, doesn't mean you should skip to the next "better looking" hot spot. Sometimes sticking to your guns and paying your dues comes out in your favor.

Many times I've taught a lesson and it did not go well. And to make matters worse, the school had forced me to teach certain criteria in a certain way. In the beginning I had always followed as I'm told. However, once I was more confident, I took things to another level by suggesting and offering a change. Don't give up on your lesson plans. Perhaps they just need a change. Tomorrow I will bring you some tweaks you can do to improve your Spanish Lesson Plans.

Éxito Español,
J.W.

1 comment:

Raf M said...

Hey, J.W.

Thanks for dropping by my site. I'm H.H., the Net writer whose Rocket Spanish site you browsed over.

Yep, I've the Spanish bug too. I'm fairly acquainted with some Spanish speaking friends in the Asian country I'm writing from. For now, Im limited to the pleasantries, but what's goading me to never give up on advanced Spanish is a set of Spanish literary mags that im dying to get to the bottom of.

This is aside from another language project: I dont know a single syllable in Russian. But in one month and a half, i simply MUST learn word-for-word this surprise Russian folk song for a close friend who is simply infatuated with Russian culture.

Wish me luck,

Hearthealth